02 April 2020

RSS Facebook

Ads

Friday March 6, 2020
Kabul (BNA) At least 27 people including women and children lost their lives and 55 others were wounded during gunfire on a gathering in Kabul city today.
Nasrat Rahimi spokesman for ministry of interior told, the gunfire had erupted at 11:20 am this morning from a construction site near the ceremony in Dasht Barchi area, west of Kabul city. 
At least 27 people including women and children lost their lives and 55 others were wounded during the attack, Rahimi added.
"Soon after the attack, police forces and police Special Forces units rushed to the scene, Rahim further added.
The Taliban immediately denied responsibility for the attack.
Dr. Abdullah Abdullah, Mohammad Mohaqiq, Abdul Karim Khalili and number political figures were present in the rally.
M.A.Ansari

Friday March 6, 2020
Kabul (BNA) A gathering in Kabul city that attended by Dr. Abdullah Abdullah Chief Executive and some other political figures has come under gunfire this morning.
According to BNA report, the incident took place when Mohammad Karim Khalili head of Afghanistan High Peace Council was speaking in a gathering marking the anniversary of the death of Abdul Ali Mazari, an ethnic Hazara leader who was killed in 1995 after being taken prisoner by the armed fighters.
Eyewitnesses confirmed that clashes between attackers and Afghan security forces continuing and heavy and light weapons uses in the conflicts.
Interior ministry spokesman Nasrat Rahimi said gunfire had erupted at 11:20 am this morning from a construction site near the ceremony in Dasht Barchi area, west of Kabul city.
A person lost his life and at least 18 people had been wounded so far, he added.
"Soon after the attack, police forces and police Special Forces units rushed to the scene, Rahim further added.
Dr. Abdullah Abdullah, Mohammad Mohaqiq, Abdul Karim Khalili and number political figures were present in the gathering.
"We left the ceremony following the gunfire, and a number of people were wounded, but I do not have any reports of martyred people for now," Mohammad Mohaqiq told Tolo News.
The Taliban immediately denied responsibility for the attack.
M.A.Ansari

 

Friday March 6, 2020
Kabul (BNA) Foodstuffs and non-foodstuffs have been distributed to over 6000 displaced families in 13 provinces of the country.
According to BNA report, ministry of refugees and repatriation with coordination of international organizations distributed foodstuffs and non-foodstuffs to more than 6000 displaced families in Sar-e-Pul, Farah, Baghlan, Faryab, Kunar, Helmand, Takhar, Ghor, Balkh, Jawzjan, Badakhshan, Bamyan and Ghazni provinces.
Foodstuffs, non-foodstuffs, health packages and house tools have been districted to them.
M.A.Ansari

Friday March 6, 2020
Kabul (BNA) At least 16 people accused of different criminal cases were arrested by police personnel within the last 10 days in northern Kunduz province.
Gen. Abdul Rashid Bashir police chief of Kunduz told BNA correspondent, the people are accused in murderer, robbery, people harassment and smuggling lapis lazuli that were arrested from various parts of Kunduz city.
M.A.Ansari

Friday, 06 March 2020 11:28

Afghanistan v Ireland T20Is 2020

Friday March 6, 2020
Kabul (BNA) Afghanistan's bilateral T20I record since January 2018 has been amazing. The team has registered five series wins in this period - 2-0 v Zimbabwe, 3-0 v Bangladesh, 2-0 v Ireland, 3-0 v Ireland and 2-1 v West Indies. They last lost a T20I series in June 2017.
The Afghanistan Cricket Board has renamed Asghar Afghan as the team's captain across formats. Just before the ODI World Cup, the ACB in April decided to go with split captaincy, putting Rahmat Shah in charge of Tests, while naming Gulbadin Naib for ODIs and Rashid for T20Is. The move not only brought a lost of criticism but did not bring them the desired results as well. Hence, this change.
Apart from the captaincy change, Afghanistan have also appointed former South Africa cricketer-turned-commentator Hylton Deon Ackerman as their batting coach. The team would expect Ackerman to add to the positive change that has been brought about the addition of Lance Klusener, who took over as Afghanistan head coach in late September, and has produced results straightaway.
"We had a great comeback in the T20 series [against West Indies. Afghanistan's strength is T20 cricket," Klusener said, "Our challenge is always to score enough runs. The talent is there, it's amazing, it's young, it's fresh, but sometimes in big games and against very good opposition, it's about decision making, and that has let us down a little bit.
"We need experienced shoulders, and we need brave young talent," he said. "We need to nurture that talent, we need to help it, grow it, and show consistency in selection. Yes, youngsters do frustrate us sometimes but that's why it's important that our batting in the middle has some experience around them and cool heads around them."
Afghanistan have recalled 32-year-old pacer Shapoor Zadran for the Ireland T20Is. There will be a lot of interest around youngsters - medium-pace-bowling all-rounder Azmatullah Omarzai and leg-spinner Qais Ahmed. The two 19-year-olds have invited praise wherever they have gone and are tipped to make their T20I debuts. For Ireland, lead pacer Mark Adair misses out as he is still recovering from an ankle problem. The team has gone for Shane Getkate in his place. Andrew Balbirnie will continue to lead the side as they expect to curb Afghanistan's dominance over the country in T20Is in recent times.
Cricketworld
Ansari

Friday March 6, 2020
Kabul (BNA) The U.S. military said early Wednesday it had conducted an airstrike against Taliban forces in Afghanistan, the first such attack since a historic peace deal was signed with the militant group Saturday.
The Helmand Province strikes targeted fighters attacking an Afghan government checkpoint.
“This was a defensive strike to disrupt the attack. This was our 1st strike against the Taliban in 11 days,” Col. Sonny Leggett, a U.S. military spokesman in Afghanistan, tweeted.
“To be clear- we are committed to peace, however, we have the responsibility to defend our #ANDSF partners. #Afghans & US have complied w/ our agreements; however, Talibs appear intent on squandering this opp. and ignoring the will of the people for #peace. #Showyourcommitment,” he added.
He said the U.S. is calling on the Taliban to stop needless attacks and uphold their commitments to the peace deal.
Foxnews
Ansari

Friday March 6, 2020
Kabul (BNA) There are 208 refugees in Kyrgyzstan, Chairman of the State Migration Service Bolotbek Ibraimjanov said today in the Parliament.
According to him, 81 of them arrived from Afghanistan, 71 - from Syria and 24 - from Ukraine and other countries.
Mostly they are engaged in trade and receive the same medical service as Kyrgyzstanis do, Ibraimjanov noted.

akipress
Ansari
 

Friday March 6, 2020
Kabul (BNA) International war crimes judges will rule on Thursday whether a probe into wartime abuses in Afghanistan will go ahead, including possible atrocities committed by U.S. forces.
The International Criminal Court last year rejected a demand by its chief prosecutor to look into crimes committed in the war-torn nation – an investigation also bitterly opposed by Washington.
The court’s judges in The Hague are now set to decide on an appeal by prosecutors against the initial decision.
In 2006, the ICC’s prosecutors opened a preliminary probe into possible war crimes and crimes against humanity in the central Asian nation since 2003.
In 2017, chief prosecutor Fatou Bensouda asked judges to allow a full-blown probe, not only into Taliban and Afghan government personnel but also international forces, U.S. troops and members of the Central Intelligence Agency.
But pre-trial judges said it “would not serve the interests of justice” and that the court should focus on cases with a better chance of success.
While U.S. officials hailed the decision, human rights groups said it was a blow to thousands of the victims, and ICC prosecutors appealed.
Should Bensouda lose, she is allowed to ask again for an investigation if “new facts or evidence regarding the same situation” emerge, according to the ICC’s statute.
Backlash
Bensouda’s move also unleashed a backlash from Washington, which in April last year revoked the Gambian-born chief prosecutor’s visa as part of broader restrictions on ICC staff probing American or allied personnel.
Former national security advisor John Bolton warned in 2018 that the U.S. would arrest ICC judges if the court pursued an Afghan probe.
The U.S. has never joined the ICC and does not recognize its authority over American citizens, saying it poses a threat to national sovereignty.
Washington argues that it has its own procedures in place to deal with U.S. troops who engage in misconduct.
Afghanistan also opposes the inquiry, saying the country itself had “responsibility to bring justice for our nation and for our people.”
The ICC’s ruling comes days after Taliban militants killed at least 20 Afghan soldiers and policemen in a string of overnight attacks, throwing the country’s nascent peace process into grave doubt.
Under the terms of a recent U.S.-Taliban agreement, foreign forces will quit Afghanistan within 14 months, subject to Taliban security guarantees and a pledge by the insurgents to hold talks with Kabul.
A U.S.-led force invaded Afghanistan in 2001 following the 9/11 terror attacks in the U.S., targeting al-Qaeda in the sanctuaries provided by the Taliban government.
Fighting has continued ever since – last year more than 3,400 civilians were killed and almost 7,000 injured, according to data provided by U.N. agencies.
Thedefensepost
Ansari

Thursday, March 05, 2020
Kabul (BNA) Afghan Red Crescent Society distribute food to dozens of needy families at it’s headquarter in Kabul.
Afghan Red Crescent Society press office told BNA correspondent, the aids was distributed to 100 needy families.
The aids include, rice, bean, ghee, sugar, tea and salt.
T. Yarzada


 

Thursday March 5, 2020
Kabul (BNA) Taliban by restarting their attacks on public and military installations, once again prove that they didn’t believe on political solution in the country.
BNA analyst commenting on the issue writes, a day after signing US-Taliban peace agreement, once again the country was witness of violence, in which several civilians and Afghan security forces lost their lives.
Ministry of interior has announced Taliban fighters have launched 33 attacks on public and military installations within the last 24 hours, as a result several Afghan national defense and security forces and six civilians were killed. Before signing of US-Taliban peace agreement “Seven-day violence reduction have executed across the country” and expectations among people revive that there were no sound of bullets, anymore woman doesn’t lost her husband, any child doesn’t lost his/her father and a mother doesn’t lost her beloved one furthermore, but these expectations remained in aspire, so after signing peace deal Taliban has announced that they didn’t target foreign troops in Afghanistan, but continue killing of Afghanistan Muslim people as Jihad.
Such stance of Taliban clearly explicit that the group did not believe on solving Afghanistan political challenges, the fighters  are trying to reach their goals and determined programs. Taliban group, such as Pakistan is playing double game in peace agreement, the aim of the group from signing peace agreement with US and announcement preparedness for ending war in Afghanistan was a tactic movement.
Taliban by signing peace agreement with US tried to cut off presence of foreign troops from battlefields in Afghanistan and also decrease pressure on their fighters in battlegrounds.
Practically, Taliban start double game, first they signed peace agreement with US and now they are fighting with Afghan security forces and killing innocent civilians in Afghanistan.
While thought for solution of political challenges need confidence, but Taliban failed in this regard.
The group must have exact calculation from the current situation of the country, totalitarian in battlefield is self-deception.
The group should know that continuation of violence reduction is a part of US deal with them. If Taliban fighters do not know about the text of the signed agreement, they need to refer UNAMA, EU and Russia diplomats.
Recently, Ronald Kobia special representative of European Union for Afghanistan explicitly has said, “This is not the time for posturing, but the phase to build trust & move forward in a constructive manner.”
Also General Scott Miller commander of NATO and Resolute Support in Afghanistan said, “US will defend Afghan forces, situation is "fragile," reduction of violence is the objective, if Taliban don't live up to obligations US will respond.”
Also, senior security and defense officials of Afghanistan ordered to related organs to give decisive response to Taliban attacks.
These remarks represent that Taliban have entered with incorrect calculation. Today region and the world want to solve challenges in Afghanistan, they didn’t want an Afghanistan as seventy solar years.
National interests of Afghans should be the top priority in this regard, Taliban should have exact calculation in peace process and be ready to accept facts in Afghanistan and the region.
M.A.Ansari


 

Page 5 of 341