22 July 2018

RSS Facebook

Friday June 8, 2018
Kabul (BNA) At least 15 internal and external terrorists were killed during recent attacks carried out by Afghan security forces in eastern Nangarhar province.
Maweya Waziristani a Pakistani commander of Taliban militants who was skilled in making mines was among the dead.
Ataullah Khogyani provincial spokesman for Nangarhar said BNA, the attacks suddenly conducted by National Directorate Security (NDS) personnel, in which 15 terrorists including 6 Pakistani rebels were killed.
Maweya Waziristani was among the dead, Khogyani also added.
There were no damages suffered to civilians and Afghan security forces following the attacks.
M.A.Ansari

Friday June 8, 2018
Kabul (BNA) A group of attackers stormed on house of a parliament member in eastern Nangarhar province this morning.
An attacker exploded his explosive materials in front of Faridoon Khan Momand parliament member house gate and two others start gunfire.
Three people have died and two others were injured in the attack so far.
Ataullah Khogynai spokesman of Nangarhar governor in a telephonic contact with BNA confirmed martyrdom of three people including a policeman in the attack said, Afghan security forces are trying to annihilate the attackers.
M.A.Ansari

 

Friday, 08 June 2018 11:31

The First Afghan Women's Demining Team

Friday June 8, 2018
Kabul (BNA) Fifteen Afghan women are receiving training in land mine removal and disposal, putting them on track to become the first female de-miners in the country. The initiative, led by the Danish Demining Group, could lead the way to more women finding work in a dangerous but crucial profession.
The Danish Deming Group is training 15 women in Bamiyan Province to clear land mines and IEDs from their communities. The training lasts a month before the de-miners are sent into the field.  Afghanistan is one of the most highly mined countries in the world. Hundreds of thousands of mines planted since 1979 have caused tens of thousands of casualties, according to the HALO Trust. Along with learning to defuse explosives, the trainees will also teach fellow Afghans how to avoid the dangers of land mines.  The Danish Demining Group is seeking to continue its training program, giving more women the opportunity to do necessary work.
Rferl
Ansari

 

Friday June 8, 2018
Kabul (BNA) NATO and the European Union on Thursday welcomed a ceasefire announcement by the Afghan government with the Taliban, APA reports quoting Reuters. “I welcome the announcement of a ceasefire made by President [Ashraf] Ghani and the Government of National Unity. This is a positive step forward on the path to peace,” NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said at a press conference in Brussels ahead of a NATO Defense Ministers meeting. “The announcement of the ceasefire shows the seriousness of President Ghani and the Afghan government when it comes to their efforts to find a peaceful, negotiated solution to the conflict in Afghanistan," Stoltenberg said, calling on the Taliban to join the ceasefire.

“The Taliban will not win on the battlefield. The only way for them to achieve a solution is to sit down at the negotiating table,” he said. "I call on the Taliban to join the ceasefire and to lay down their arms and to engage in a constructive dialogue to find a peaceful, negotiated solution."
In a statement, EU foreign policy Chief Federica Mogherini also expressed support for the Afghan-led ceasefire and said the Taliban should also embrace it. The Afghan government on Thursday announced a unilateral ceasefire with the Taliban starting from the 27th of Ramadan (June 12) until the fifth day of Eid ul-Fitr, the Muslim holy festival due to fall next week. In a televised announcement, Ghani said the Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF) would only stop offensive maneuvers against armed Taliban and would continue to target Daesh and other foreign-backed terrorist organizations and their affiliates. The Taliban are yet to respond to this cease-fire announcement. Since the fall of the Taliban in 2001, many provincial heads of the pro-government National Council of Ulama and other pro-government religious figures have been assassinated in Afghanistan.
Apa
Ansari

Friday June 8, 2018
Kabul (BNA) Afghanistan spinner Rashid Khan defended nine runs off the final over as his side escaped with a nail-biting one-run win over Bangladesh in the third Twenty20 International in Dehradun.
Afghanistan’s victory in the final match of the series saw them whitewash Bangladesh 3-0.
Opting to bat first, Afghanistan made a strong start to their innings as openers Mohammad Shahzad and Usman Ghani amassed a 55-run partnership before Shahzad was trapped lbw off the bowling of Nazmul Islam for 26.
Ghani went on to make 19 before he was caught behind off the bowling of Abu Jayed.
Afghanistan captain Asghar Stanikzai smashed a 17-ball 27, which included three sixes, before he was dismissed by Ariful Haque.
Mohammad Nabi fell shortly after, while Najubullah Zadran scored 15 before he was caught by Mahmudullah at long-on off the bowling of Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan.
Shafiqullah failed to have an impact, but Samiullah Shenwari provided some last-minute fireworks to ensure Afghanistan finished on 145/6 off their 20 overs.
Shenwari ended up scoring an unbeaten 33, which came off 28 balls and include a boundary and two sixes.
Nazmul and Jayed picked up two wickets apiece, while Shakib and Ariful chipped in with one wicket each.
Chasing 146 to win, Bangladesh found themselves in trouble early on as two run outs, coupled with wickets from Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Karim Janat, saw them slump to 53/4 in the ninth over.
However, wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah came to the rescue with an 84-run partnership and left Bangladesh needing nine runs to win off the final over.
Rahim was sent packing on the first ball of the last over as he was caught by Najibullah at deep square leg off the bowling of Rashid for 46, which came off 37 balls and included seven boundaries.
Bangladesh managed to score five runs off the next four balls, which left them needing four runs to win off the last ball of the match.
However, they could only get two runs before Mahmudullah was run out due to some brilliant fielding from Shafiqullah at long-on.
Mahmudullah hammered a 38-ball 45, which included three boundaries and two sixes.
Rashid, Mujeeb and Janat claimed one wicket each.
Shakib was gutted to have lost, and said: “We played better today than last two games. Overall, we have to come up with better plans. I thought we restricted them to a reasonable total. We were so close, but in the middle overs that cost us.
“I thought Mushfiq and Mahmudullah gave us a chance but they could not finish it. These conditions suited Afghanistan and they had quality spinners.”
Stanikzai was relieved to have won, and said: “Good to win the series 3-0. Great preparation for Test match against India. The morale is high. Last couple of years we have performed well. We want to achieve it for Afghanistan. You see the batsmen, bowlers are all in good form. We have a few days for the Test match – thanks for the support.”
Rahim was named Man of the Match, and said: “We knew it was going to be difficult on this track. Credit goes to Afghanistan and they deserve the win. Hopefully, we will learn from this. Although, we lost the series we were playing for pride. I thought 145+ was par, but with Mujeeb and Rashid it was tough.
“We lost early wickets and Shakib, we needed more partnership and boundaries. The wicket, however, was slow. We just wanted to take it to the last over. Rashid is difficult to play. Last ball can go either way.”
Rashid was named Man of the Series, and said: “I am always trying my best to believe in my skills. I had one plan: whatever happens bowl in a good-length area. Whether leg-spin or the wrong’un, I just enjoy. The ball was gripping on a good length and that was my plan. Bowling in this area got me success.
“Full credit to my fitness. If you’re fit, you can deliver in any department. Doesn’t matter whether I’m playing in league cricket or the national team, I just want to enjoy. Thanks to the crowd for the support and love you’ve given us. We will come again and again to Dehradun. We will give you the best performances.”
Battingwithbimal
Ansari

 

Friday June 8, 2018
Kabul (BNA) Afghan President Ashraf Ghani yesterday announced for the first time an unconditional cease-fire with the Taliban, coinciding with the end of the Muslim fasting month, but excluding other militant groups, such as Islamic State.
The decision came after a meeting of Islamic clerics this week declared a fatwa, or ruling, against suicide bombings, one of which, claimed by Islamic State, killed 14 people at the entrance to the clerics’ peace tent in Kabul.
The clerics also recommended a cease-fire with the Taliban, who are seeking to re-impose strict Islamic law after their ouster in 2001, and Ghani endorsed the recommendation, announcing a laying down of arms until June 20.
Ghani has urged cease-fires with the Taliban before, but this was the first unconditional offer since he was elected in 2014.
“This cease-fire is an opportunity for Taliban to introspect that their violent campaign is not winning them hearts and minds,” Ghani said in a message on Twitter after a televised address.
There was no immediate reaction from the Taliban but an international political analyst based in Kabul was unimpressed.
“It’s a one-sided love story,” he said.
US Forces-Afghanistan said they would honor the cease-fire.
“We will adhere to the wishes of Afghanistan for the country to enjoy a peaceful end to the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, and support the search for an end to the conflict,” Gen. John Nicholson, US Forces-Afghanistan and the NATO-led Resolute Support commander, said in a statement.
The cease-fire would not include US counterterrorism efforts against Islamic State and al-Qaida, it said.
A NATO official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said there was “really not too much to say” from NATO’s point of view.
“It is completely Afghan-originated and, as you know, it is our policy to support an Afghan-led and Afghan-owned process,” he told reporters.
Former Afghan army general Atiqullah Amarkhel said the cease-fire would give the Taliban a chance to regroup.
“From a military prospect, it is not a good move,” he said.
He also said he doubted the Taliban would lay down arms and deny themselves the opportunity of fighting during the holy month of Ramadan, in which attacks have intensified.
The Eid al-Fitr holiday ending Ramadan falls at the end of next week.
Shine
Ansari

Friday June 8, 2018
Kabul (BNA) At least 14 supporters of ISIS terrorist group were killed during latest air and ground attacks carried out by Afghan Commando Forces in vicinity of eastern Nangarhar province this morning.
The terrorists have been targeted and killed in various parts of Sarkh Roud, Deh Bala, Khotyani, Dor Baba and Roudat districts of the province.
Commander of Sylab Army Corps told BNA reporter, 14 ISIS adherents were killed during the attacks.
According to another report, Afghan security forces by discovering and confiscating 6 round of different type of mines succeeded to prevent from a series of blast in Nangarhar province.
Also during this period, a weapon storage belonging terrorist group have been seized by Afghan security troops in relevant areas of Jalalabad city the provincial capital of the province.
Several heavy and light weapons have been seized from the storage.
Local officials in the province claimed that ISIS members used the weapon storage in their terrorist and destructive activities.
T/M.A.Ansari

 

Friday, 01 June 2018 18:17

Police Local Commander Martyred

Friday June 1, 2018 Kabul (BNA) A local commander of police was martyred by Taliban militants in northern Kunduz province. Enamuddin Rahmani spokesman of police chief in Kunduz said BNA correspondent, Azizullah commander of local police along with his guard faced with Taliban ambush and lost their lives in Charkhab region, Kunduz city the provincial capital of the province. Another guard of commander Azizullah was injured in the incident, the source added. T/M.A.Ansari
Friday June 1, 2018 Kabul (BNA) At least 5 passengers have died following a road accident in southern Kandahar province this morning. Mohammadullah manager of traffic in Kandahar told BNA reporter, the incident took place, while a bus crashed with a Saracha in Marwandi village, Daman district, Kabul-Kandahar highway. Five commuters lost their lives and another was injured following the event, Mohammadullah added. Driver of the bus succeeded to flee from the area and police started searching to arrest him. T/M.A.Ansari
Friday June 1, 2018 Kabul (BNA) Afghanistan Foreign Ministry announced the European envoys urged Afghan FM to support their stances regarding Iran nuclear deal. As appeared on Salahuddin Rabbani, Afghan diplomat’s Facebook page, ambassador of France, the UK, Germany and the Chargé d'affaires of the European Union to Kabul called for Afghanistan support for Europe after US withdrawal from Iran Deal known as Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA). Rabbani also expressed hope US walkaway would not have negative impacts on Iran-Afghanistan interactions. US President Donald Trump announced on May 8 that Washington would withdraw from Iran nuclear deal and reinstate nuclear sanctions on Iran. This is while most world powers including Russia, China, and European Union have repeatedly stressed that keeping the deal is in the interest of world peace and security. High Representative of the EU for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini earlier expressed regret over US decision to abandon the Iran nuclear deal saying the European Union would comply with the full implementation of the deal. irna Ansari
Page 4 of 251