30 March 2020

RSS Facebook

Ads

Health

Sunday, March 29, 2020
Kabul (BNA) Spokesman for the Ministry of Public Health says out of 106 suspected corona virus samples tested during the past 24 hours in Kabul and Herat laboratories, 15 were positive.
Wahidullah Mayar, speaking at the daily press conferences to update on coronavirus held in Government Media and Information Center said of the 15 new cases of coronavirus, 11 were in Herat, 3 in Farah and 1 in Ghazni.
The total number of positive cases has reached 106 in country that includes the new 15 positive cases of coronavirus.
Spokesman for the Ministry of Public Health, meanwhile, said that a coronavirus patient has recovered in Samangan province in past 24 hours, and a total of five people recovered so far across the country.
Mayar, meanwhile, announced the exemption of government hospitals and clinics' fees, saying the MoPH had exempted the fee for patients until the situation gets better.
He once again urged the citizens to observe the lockdown, pay attention to MoPH messages and instructions in order to prevent the coronavirus outbreak.
Speaking at a press conference on Friday, Kabul governor Mohammad Yaqub Haidari said all Kabul residents must stay at home, avoid non-essential movements and avoid gatherings. He said the residents should be ready to provide valid reasons--such as health or security reasons-- if they leave their homes. He said all sports places, wedding halls, shrines and public gathering places would remain closed. “All buses should stop movements in the city. All stores, except grocery stores, should remain closed, he added.
Public Health Minister Ferozuddin Feroz said the lockdown plan will be put in place because Kabul has a large population and the coronavirus is spreading. He says the lockdown will go into effect Saturday.
It is estimated that over 25 million people will be infected with the coronavirus in Afghanistan, Feroz said, and at least 16 million of them will show symptoms. But he said the spread can be prevented if measures are implemented.

Sunday, March 29, 2020
Kabul (BNA) President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani spoke with the UN Secretary General António Guterres via phone the other day, a statement from the presidential palace said.
The UN Secretary General via telephonic conversation with President Ashraf Ghani has pledged support in fight against Covid-19, according to the statement.
SG Guterres held telephonic talks with President Ghani on Thursday evening in which he congratulated the president on his re-election and stressed that fight against Covid-19 was vital as fight against terrorism.
The secretary general said that UN would remain supportive to Afghanistan in fight against Covid-19. The president thanked the UN Chief for his support to Afghanistan in different areas including fight against Covid-19.
Meanwhile the UN Secretary General expressed concern over return of thousands of Afghan refugees from Iran amid increasing threats of COVID-19, saying his agency would support Afghan government in this regard, the statement added.

Wednesday March 25, 2020
HERAT CITY (BNA) Ministry of Public Health confirmed that a 45-year-old woman have died from COVID-19 in western Herat province.
Wahidullah Mayar spokesman of Ministry of Public Health today confirmed that a 45-year-old woman died from coronavirus in western Herat province, increasing the number of deaths to two.
This comes as the Ministry of Public announced late on Tuesday that the number of positive cases of coronavirus has increased to 76 in Afghanistan.
According to the ministry, the public health officials recorded 32 new cases across Afghanistan between Monday and Tuesday.
M.A.Ansari

Wednesday March 25, 2020
Kabul (BNA) Four NATO service members in Afghanistan tested positive for coronavirus shortly after entering the country, the first confirmed cases in the mission, NATO said in a statement on Tuesday.
“The service members were newly arrived in country, and were in a precautionary screening facility when they became symptomatic, were moved to isolation and were tested,” the statement said, adding that the nationalities of the people would not be released.
Around 1,500 NATO service members, most who had recently arrived in Afghanistan, were in screening facilities as a precautionary measure, NATO said.
Ansari

Page 1 of 85