24 June 2017

RSS Facebook

Ads

MoF Calls On White House To Confirm Increasing Troops In Afghanistan

Written by  Manager
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Monday March 20, 2017

Kabul (BNA) The Ministry of Foreign (MoF) demands White House to confirm the Gen. Nicholson’s plan about increasing the number of US troops in Afghanistan.
The acting foreign minister, Salahuddin Rabbani who left for Washington has warned that Afghanistan would not succeed unless terrorist safe havens destroyed. Rabbani on Sunday left for Washington to participate at Alliance Foreign Ministers Meeting Against Daesh. “Afghanistan’s challenges and terrorism threats will be discussed in this meeting and we will have our talks. We are hopeful about the increasing number of troops and we support Gen. Nicholson’s plan,” said Salahuddin Rabbani, acting foreign minister.
Foreign Minister Rabbani once again stressed on world collaboration for eradicating terrorist groups. “We won’t succeed until terrorist centers activate and exist, we want serious measures to be taken against the state sponsored terrorism,” Rabbani noted. However, Russia is accused of supporting Taliban in Afghanistan, but the acting foreign minister has different idea about it.  “Moscow has announced that the Taliban group has no legitimacy for Russia and their contact with them is for encouraging them for negotiations,” Rabbani added. The commander of the American-led international military force in Afghanistan, has previously told Congress that he needed a few thousand additional troops to more effectively train and advise Afghan soldiers. The international force that is helping the Afghans currently has 13,300 troops, 8,400 of whom are American.
 

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated.
Basic HTML code is allowed.