16 October 2019

RSS Facebook

Ads

Govt.’s Statement on 9/11 Anniversary

Written by  Manager
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Thursday September 12, 2019
Kabul (BNA) The September 11, 2001 horrific and heinous attacks left a dark day in the history of the United States and the world, the Presidential Palace said in a statement. “On the day, the terrorist group of Al-Qaeda committed a horrific crime and launched a series of destructive terrorist attacks in the United States which claimed nearly 300 innocent lives, wounded thousands and left billions of dollars of loss to the American people,” the statement said. On the 18th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy, President Ashraf Ghani stressed that, “The government of Afghanistan as a responsible member of the international community conveys its profound sympathies and empathies to the American government and nation as well as the families who lost their loved ones in the attack.
The tragedy of 9/11 took place when the Taliban regime had already gained ground in Afghanistan and had occupied a majority of the Afghan territory, turning it into a safe haven for the presence and operation of international terrorist networks, including Al-Qaeda and hosting Osama Bin Laden on its top, according to the statement. The government of Afghanistan with the support of the international community, at the top of that the United States, has been fighting on the front lines of the war on global terror alongside with the United States and other major allies and has been paying the ultimate sacrifices to defend the security of the region and the world in the past 18 years, the statement said. Afghanistan and the international community, however, face a common threat and the terrorist groups strive to once again turn Afghanistan into their safe haven and launch pad for terrorist attacks, the statement concluded.

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated.
Basic HTML code is allowed.