23 May 2017

RSS Facebook

Ads

Security

Sunday, May 14, 2017
Kabul (BNA) Nine armed Taliban were killed in conflicts by defense and security forces during the last 24 hours in Samangan and Baghlan provinces.
According to defense ministry press office to BNA, as a result of clashes between security forces and Taliban in Roudoab district, Samangan province, seven armed Taliban were lost their lives and nine others were injured.
Likewise, two armed Taliban were killed, two others were wounded and three round of mines were also discovered and neutralized by security forces in Pul-e-Khomri district, Baghlan province.

Sunday May 14, 2017

Kabul (BNA) Warning on deterioration of security situation of Afghanistan in 2018 the US intelligence authorities said that despite of US and allies troops increase and military aids, security situation will be worsened in 2018.
Talking on improvement of security situation and ANSF preparedness for bridling Taliban attacks, the Afghan government said that ANSF have full preparation to counter every threats. Commenting on utterances of US intelligence, acting presidential spokesman Shah Hussein Murtazawi said, although we face certain security challenges and problems but they are not serious and the Afghan government and ANSF have management capability of these challenges. One of the reasons behind increase of challenges is withdrawal of over 100000 international troops while now ANSF carryout independent defense of Afghanistan. He added, now the war geographic area has expanded as before there was one Taliban group but now there are over 20 groups.
All of them have joined hands plus drug mafia, criminal economy and have complicated Afghan war. It is not a civil war, it’s an imposed war. The government and ANSF encounter current challenges according to a plan. Good reforms have taken place in MoD, a number of former procurement employees were sacked and nearly Afs one billion was economized. Similar reforms, are expected to take place in MoI. Problems are being removed, the leadership of MoD has been undertaken by young leaders. Eligible individuals have been deployed in defence positions and more changes are to take place. We have prepared a four years security plan based on which our air forces will be equipped. While the white house has been assessing deployment of reinforcement in Afghanistan, the US national intelligence coordinator Dean Kots has warned on deterioration of security situation in Afghanistan Mr. Kots who was submitting annual intelligence report on world threats to the US congress, said, Taliban would continue to extend their influence particularly in rural areas of Afghanistan and the ANSF activities would probably decrease due to Taliban attacks, casualties in the battlefields, desertion of soldiers, shortages in supply of procurements etc. According to Mr. Kots, Afghanistan has been facing with very difficult economic situations. ANSF are involved with Taliban insurgents in most provinces and the latter have intensified their attacks in Kunduz, Badakhshan and Baghlan provinces but ANSF have managed to foil their attacks.
Suraya Raiszada
 

Sunday May 14, 2017

Kabul (BNA) At least 55 Taliban have been killed and 49 others wounded in security forces operation launched to get back the Kunduz-Khanabad highway in northern Kunduz province, an official said on Saturday.
Governor Asadullah Umarkhel told Pajhwok Afghan News Taliban purged of the highway after seven-day offensive while another grand operation would be soon kicked off to eliminate the Taliban. He said: “I want to assure the residents that the Taliban will never be able enter Kunduz City, the provincial capital, because we have chalked out a plan through which the entire Kunduz would be cleared of the Taliban in one month.” He said as quoted by PAN, 2,000 families had been displaced as a result of recent fighting. The provincial government in coordination with charity organization planned to provide these families with aid and assistance. As many as 466 families had already been provided with assistance, he added.
On the other hand the residents of Kunduz still worried over the ongoing fighting and clashes.
Mansour, the resident of Kunduz, said high ranking official often made pledged to eliminate the militants and improved the security of the province but never implemented their promises. Faisal, another resident of Kunduz, said, the government took no effective step to press militants and improve the security situations. Earlier, the Taliban captured Qala-i-Zal district and Kunduz-Khanabad highway. Security forces on Friday wrest back the Kunduz-Khanabad highway.
 

Sunday May 14, 2017

Kabul (BNA) A group of 9 armed oppositions have been killed during a military operation in northern Balkh province the other day.
Gen. Sayed Kamal Sadat police chief of Balkh told, the terrorist group was involved in insecurity, mines planting and assassinating of tribal elders in different parts of Kaldar and Shortepa districts of Balkh province.
The mentioned terrorist band had been annihilated during a military operation that conducted by Afghan security forces with cooperation of up-riser people in Kaldar district of Balkh province.
There were no any damages among Afghan military troops and civilians following the military operation, the source added.
 

Page 7 of 1703