29 October 2020

RSS Facebook

Ads

US support Afghan forces after 2014, Official

Written by  Administrator
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Kabul (BNA) US defense Secretary, Leon Panetta in a meeting with his Afghan counterpart, Gen. Abdul Raheem Wardak assured that his country would support the Afghan security forces after 2014.  In a security discussion both sides focused over the ongoing condition of the country with the spokesman for the national defense ministry, Gen. Zahir Azimi to report full preparation for taking security of their own country by the end of 2013 before the International Chicago Conference.  He said the foreign forces would change their war support into defensive and make effort on training the forces beyond the deadline based the foreign forces would leave the country.  Strongly condemning the incident took place in the southern province of Kandahar in which 16 civilians including women and children had been killed, the US defense secretary said a responsible withdrawal of the international forces from Afghanistan was a need considering the security condition of the war torn country.  He said Afghan forces would be trained and equipped by a number of his troops inside Afghanistan, after the foreign forces phase out from the country by 2014.  According to the officials for the national ministry of defense, and annual contribution of up to $4.100 billion would be pledged for the Afghan security forces in the International Chicago Conference.

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated.
Basic HTML code is allowed.