05 December 2019

RSS Facebook

Ads

Sunday, 01 December 2019 05:35

Taliban Killed in Kandahar Air Raid

Sunday, December 1, 2019
Kandahar (BNA) Eight Taliban militants were killed in air strike of security troops in Kandahar province last night.
The militants were targeted in their hideouts in suburb of Maiwand district bazaar.
Media office of Atal army corps in south of the country told BNA, eight militants were killed in the air raid.
It is said that no harm and losses sustained to civilians.
Another report says, a series of blasts were prevented in Kandahar province.
Police of Kandahar discovered and confiscated 20 mines from various parts of Kandahar especially in Khakrez and Maiwand districts and prevented from deadly events.
Security officials of the province blamed Taliban for failed mine planting, but no one has been detained in connection of the event.
T. Yarzada

Saturday November 30, 2019
Kabul (BNA) After abruptly axing nearly a year of delicate peace talks with the Taliban in September, President Trump put the negotiations back on the front-burner this week in a similarly jolting fashion by seeming to demand a cease-fire that his negotiators had long concluded was overly ambitious.
Despite a sense of relief at the prospect of resuming talks to end the 18-year conflict, Western diplomats and Taliban leaders were scrambling to figure out whether Mr. Trump had suddenly moved the goal posts for negotiations.
They were particularly confused by his remarks, made during an unannounced Thanksgiving visit to Afghanistan that the United States was once again meeting with the Taliban to discuss a deal, but that “we’re saying it has to be a cease-fire.”
Demanding a cease-fire would amount to a big shift in the American position and require a significant new concession from the Taliban — one that the Americans have little leverage to extract.
For much of the yearlong talks, the Taliban and the United States were fundamentally on the same page: The Taliban wanted the Americans out of Afghanistan, and Mr. Trump has made no secret of his desire to end what he has called America’s unending wars. But agreeing upon the details of a deal proved complicated.
In the agreement the two sides were on the verge of finalizing before Mr. Trump pulled the plug, the best the American negotiators could get the Taliban to consent was some reduction in violence. Discussions on a comprehensive cease-fire were relegated to future talks between the Taliban and Afghan leaders — only after the United States had pledged, and begun, to withdraw its troops.
But on Thursday, Mr. Trump suggested the Taliban position had shifted.
“They didn’t want to do a cease-fire, but now they do want to do a cease-fire, I believe,” he said. “And it will probably work out that way. And we’ll see what happens.”
The Taliban seemed surprised by Mr. Trump’s declaration. While the group’s negotiators have held informal meetings with United States diplomats in recent weeks about ways to go back to the table, on Friday their leaders said their original position on a cease-fire had not changed.
“The Americans walked away from the negotiating table, and now the ball is on their side — it is up to them to come back if they want to solve this and get the document to signing and to the stage of implementation,” Suhail Shaheen, a member of the Taliban’s negotiation team, said in an interview. “Our positions remain the same.”
It’s unclear how American negotiators could get the Taliban to agree to a cease-fire now, when they were not able to do so earlier.
The American military has already begun scaling back its presence in the country, giving negotiators even less leverage than they had before. Last month, the top American commander in Afghanistan, Gen. Austin S. Miller, said the number of troops had been reduced by 2,000 over the past year.
Mr. Trump, on Thursday, said he was “bringing down the number of troops substantially.”
For the Afghan president, Ashraf Ghani, Mr. Trump’s statements were welcome. For months, Mr. Ghani had unsuccessfully tried to persuade the Americans not to give away an American troop withdrawal without a cease-fire because that would leave his government even more vulnerable.
The government has already been weakened by being excluded from the talks so far because the Taliban refuse to engage before an American troop withdrawal.
Now, suddenly, the American president gave Mr. Ghani’s position a boost at a difficult time for him, when he is stuck in a bitter fight over his re-election in a disputed vote, which is tipping the country to crisis.
Mr. Ghani met with Mr. Trump at the Bagram Air Field on the eve of large protests by supporters of his rival, Abdullah Abdullah. Much of the Afghan capital was under a lockdown by security forces on Friday morning as thousands marched to a roundabout behind the presidential palace demanding fraudulent votes be thrown out.
Mr. Abdullah accuses the country’s election commission of including 300,000 questionable votes in favor of Mr. Ghani.
Mr. Ghani and Mr. Abdullah are partners in a coalition government brokered by the United States when a similar disputed election between the two went to a stalemate in 2014. The current power dispute dividing the country has added to the complications of resuming the peace efforts.
The hope is that peace talks would eventually lead to direct negotiations between the Taliban and the Afghan leaders over the political future of the country after the United States commits to withdrawing its remaining troops, currently about 13,000 or fewer.
Keeping the peace process alive after Mr. Trump canceled talks in September has required quiet, delicate diplomacy, including work that resulted in a prisoner swap and some reduction in violence. Mr. Trump’s latest interjection in what has been a tedious diplomatic balancing act will once again have his negotiators scrambling to try to pull off what many Western officials have described as an unrealistic goal.
The Taliban see a cease-fire before the signing of a deal for the end of the American military presence as an existential issue. They believe they will not be able to rally their forces again if they ask their fighters to stop fighting and then the deal breaks down.
But the government of Mr. Ghani has said negotiating the future cannot happen under the barrel of a gun, demanding a cease-fire as a precondition to any talks.
When Mr. Trump called off the talks, the Taliban realized they had pushed their hand too far by continuing to launch attacks just days before what was expected to be a signing of the deal. In recent weeks, American diplomats persuaded the group to reduce large attacks in the Afghan capital significantly as part of the prisoner swap that saw the release of an American and Australian hostage in return for senior Taliban leaders.
But delivering a comprehensive, declared cease-fire is always going to be difficult internally for a movement that is trying to maintain unity as it negotiates potentially divisive issues.
One Western official aware of the latest peace developments said he had not seen a tangible shift in the Taliban’s position on a cease-fire during the period the talks were called off. The official expressed concern that if the Taliban were forced to reject Mr. Trump’s apparent demand of a cease-fire to keep their own ranks united, that could further complicate the formal resumption of the negotiations.
“There’s probably now some work for U.S. diplomats to do to clarify to the Taliban what did the imprecise words actually mean, and whether or not there is a change in position,” said Laurel Miller, a former United States diplomat who is now the Asia director of the think tank International Crisis Group.
“The U.S. has been looking for something in the realm of the reduction in violence,” she added, “but the idea that the U.S. is on the same page with Ghani on cease-fire being a precondition — I don’t see that at all.”
Nytimes

Saturday, 30 November 2019 10:54

Taliban Assassinate Four Civilians in Baghlan

Saturday, November 30, 2019
Pul-e-Khomri (BNA) Four civilians were assassinated by Taliban in Baghlan province last night.
Sahib Dad Ghafori governor for Doshi district told BNA, Taliban stormed on a house in Nasiri Kelagai village, Doshi District, and assassinated Sakhidad director of Abobar Sedeq high school with his two sons and a guest.
T. Yarzada

Saturday, 30 November 2019 10:53

Dormitory Construction Work Kick Off in Parwan

Saturday, November 30, 2019
Charikar (BNA) The construction work of a dormitory kick off in Parwan province today.
According to BNA correspondent, Fazludldin Ayar governor of Parwan said, the dormitory has been built in 1,500 square meter of land in Charikar city by Ansar Institute at the cost of $180,000.
Civil and military officials and members of Parwan provincial council attended the inauguration ceremony of the dormitory.
T. Yarzada

Saturday, 30 November 2019 10:53

Air Raid Leaves 13 Rebels Dead in Ghazni

Saturday November 30, 2019
GHAZNI CITY (BNA) As many as 13 armed oppositions were killed during air attack carried out by Afghan air forces in Ghazni province the night before last.
Mohammad Aref Noori spokesperson of Ghazni governor told BNA reporter, the anti-government militias have been targeted in Deh Yak district of the province.
Some heavy and light weapons and three motorcycles belonged to the terrorists have been demolished following the air assault.
M.A.Ansari

Saturday November 30, 2019
MAHMOUD RAQI CITY (BNA) In-charge of Taliban military commission for AlaSay district, Kapisa province was killed the night before last.
According to BAN report, Qari Nazar Gul in-charge of military commission for Taliban terrorist group along with his bodyguard targeted during an air attack in Ashpay region, AlaSay district of the province.
M.A.Ansari

Saturday November 30, 2019
Kabul (BNA) Peaceful demonstration and civic activities is the right of every citizens, but launching protests and civic activities must not be the main aims for opportunistic.
BNA analyst writes that some electoral teams by accusing Afghanistan Independent Election Commission (IEC) to fraud and support from an electoral team have launched demonstration on Friday.
Now, supporters of some electoral teams have prevented recount of votes in Takhar, Badakhshan, Baghlan, Jawzjan, Sar-e-Pul, Faryab and Panjshir provinces. The electoral teams claimed that Independent Election Commission about 10212 votes out of times have presented technical problems, according to the electoral teams this is not legal and the votes must be annulled.
Also, the commission technical details about 137630 votes is not clear and before starting recount the two cases must log out from the system, but Independent Election Commission did not it.
Consecutive delays in election results has prolonged the announcement of the election results; on the other side has bored people, this is a fact that delay in election results have put negative impact on people’s lives, business, economic, trade and social affairs, while delaying in presidential election results is not the benefits of election and half strap democracy in the country, so far election commissions didn’t manage the process well and caused concerns among people.
Afghanistan Independent Election Commission have worked with coordination of electoral teams and answered their protests based on laws.
Now, it is better that Independent Election Commission work together with electoral commission for solving the problems, this is possible only via negotiations.
While, security situation is not better in the country, some electoral teams particularly solidarity and partnership electoral team has launched demonstration yesterday in Kabul city, but fortunately the demonstration has ended peacefully and without any security problems.
People believe that launching demonstrations, closing provincial election commission’s offices and people disturbing is not the solution. These ways can make the situation more critical and will be repeated the past bitter experiences.
Electoral teams must carried out their programs based on laws and implemented without harassing people.
Doors open for negotiations, election process has faced with technical problems that can be solved, the process should not become more critical and should not having inappropriate behavior to democratic values and sacrifice the half strap democracy in the country.
Our people are facing with dozens problems that main challenges is economic poverty that most of people are facing across the country, this is not necessary for our politicians and electoral teams to increase people’s problems.
M.A.Ansari

Saturday, November 30, 2019
Kabul (BNA) Taliban commander with his five colleagues was killed in Balkh province yesterday.
Mohammad Hanif Rezaee spokesman of Shaheen 209 army corps told BNA, Gul Nabi a local commanders of Taliban with his five colleagues was killed in a clash by security forces in Aqtapa village, Charboldak district, Balkh province.
Mullah Bashir known Lou Lala another commander of Taliban was also injured.
Two night ago, Shah Mohammad Jaber shadow governor of Taliban for Chamtal district was also killed in the same area.
T. Yarzada

Saturday, November 30, 2019
Lashkargah (BNA) Border security commander of Helmand was lost his life in explosion of a mine this morning.
Two other militaries and a local reporter were also injured.
According to reports, a convoy of General Zahirgul Moqbel border security commander of Helmand was targeted a mine in suburb of Nawa District bazaar.
Omar Zwak spokesman for  Helmand governor told BNA, in the explosion, General Zahir Gul Moqbul border security commander in south of the country lost his life and Sardar Mohammad Sarwari Shamshad TV reporter and two other militaries were injured.
The commander were on a field combat mission in suburb of Nawa District bazaar which was targeted a mine blast.
Doctors in a hospital in Helmand reported the health condition of two wounded militaries critical.
So far, no individual or group has claimed the responsibility of the event, but local sources blamed Taliban for the event.
T. Yarzada

Saturday, 30 November 2019 10:48

ASF Air Strike on Taliban Strongholds in Zabul

Saturday, November 30, 2019
Qalat (BNA) As a result of Afghan Security Forces strike on Taliban strongholds in Zabul, four insurgents were killed last night.
The Taliban were targeted in suburb of Shahjou district bazaar.
Atal army corps in south of the country with releasing a statement told BNA, four Taliban were killed in the raid.
It is said that no harm and casualties suffered to civilians in the raids.
According to another report, a series of blasts were prevented in Zabul province.
Security officials discovered and defused six mine from busy roads of the province and prevented from series of blasts.
T. Yarzada

Page 9 of 3691