15 November 2018

RSS Facebook

Ads

Friday, 05 October 2018 14:26

Mine Blast Took the Lives of Three People

Friday October 5, 2018 Jalalabad City (BNA) Three people were martyred following mine explosion in eastern Nangarhar province yesterday. Ataullah Khogyani spokesman of Nangarhar governor told BNA correspondent, the mine have been planted inside Barak organization located in Khogyani district of the province, in which three people including Mujeb Rahman in-charge of Barak organization and a doctor were martyred. Eight people including four women were injured following the blast, Khogyani added. Barak organization is an organizations cooperating with Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development’s projects in the province. M.A.Ansari

Friday October 5, 2018 Qala-e-Naw City (BNA) Including so-called district governor of Taliban 9 insurgents were killed in Badghis province last night. Naqibullah Amini spokesman of police headquarters in Badghis told BNA reporter, Mullah Noor Aqa shadow district governor of Taliban for Abkamari district of Badghis along with his 8 men were killed in the province. The so-called district governor along with his men stormed on security checkpoint in Khaliqtaloy region, Abkamari district of the province, in which faced with full resistance of Afghan security forces. Eight other terrorists were wounded during incident, Amini added. M.A.Ansari

Friday October 5, 2018 Kabul (BNA) The Ministry of Defense (MoD), in coordination with the Independent Election Commission (IEC) and the Ministry of Interior (MoI), worked together to transfer electoral material to all provinces of Afghanistan. According to BNA report, Sayed Ghafoor Ahmad Jawid MOD spokesperson and Nasrat Rahimi MOI Deputy Spokesperson held a press conference at GMIC told reporters that ANDSF transferred election materials to all provinces of the country. A per a comprehensive security plan, ANDSF have taken measures to transfer election materials safely, to ensure security of voting centers, to provide security for voters, and to maintain security of candidates’ campaigns, said both spokespersons. Spokesmen for MoD and MoI assured the people that ANDSF are doing utmost to secure elections— not allowing anyone to interfere and harm this national and democratic process. “54 thousand defense and security forces are assigned to secure 5,100 polling centers which included 21,000 polling stations on Election Day.” Nusrat Rahimi said. “ANDSF increased offensive and aggressive operations by 36 percent and number of ANDSF causalities has decreased due to the increase in offensive operations. This helped the security situation of the country improve, especially Kabul city.” He added. Since the beginning of the reforms in MOD in past four years, The had been improvements in fighting corruption and transparency of procurement. During this period of time, 280 individuals including general officers, foot soldiers and civilian personnel of MoD have been prosecuted on charges of corruption, bribery and neglect of duty. On the other hand, with the reforms in procurement process, more than Afs 13.5 billion were saved from embezzlement in the past four years. Due to these reforms, ANA soldiers have shifted from a defensive position to an offensive position. ANA is now capable of conducting unilateral operations throughout the country, Jawed said. Biometric registration of MoD personnel has been completed by 98 percent. The implementation (APPS) Army Personnel Payment System completed by 91%. This system puts the possible presence of ghost soldiers at MoD to zero. Over this week, ANDSF have conducted numerous aerial and ground operations across the country. 318 Taliban including their local commanders and 51 Daesh affiliates have been killed. These militants were involved at creating insecurity, blocking roads, disturbing people and emplacing IEDs. Ansari

Friday October 5, 2018 Jalalabad City (BNA) At least six fighters belonged to ISIS terrorist group were killed during air attack in eastern Nangarhar province yesterday. Col. Mohammad Haroon Yusufzai spokesman of 201 Sylab army corps reported BNA, the air raid carried out by coalition forces in Dagam region, Pacheragam district of the province. M.A.Ansari
Friday, 05 October 2018 14:22

President Ghani Travels to Balkh Province

Friday October 5, 2018 Mazar-e-Sharif City (BNA) Mohammad Ashraf Ghani President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has traveled to northern Balkh province this morning. According to BNA local correspondent report, Rola Ghani First Lady of the country and some other governmental officials are accompanying President Ghani in the trip. It is expected that President Ghani to inaugurate 360-bed maternity hospital in Mazar-e-Sharif city the provincial capital of the province and for assessing situation of the Balkh will meet with civil and security officials of the province. President Ghani during his two-day visit will meet with women representatives, tribal elders, religious scholars, teachers, youths, media’s officials, civil society activists, members of provincial council, district governors, NDS’ directors, tradesmen, craftsmen, soldiers and personnel of Shaheen Army Corps. M.A.Ansari

Friday September 28, 2018 Kunduz City (BNA) As many as 16 anti-government militias were killed during military operation led by Afghan Commando Forces in northern Kunduz province. Since two-day the operation has started to annihilate armed oppositions in relevant areas of Chahar Dara district of the province, Col. Mohammad Hanif Rezayee spokesman of 209 Shaheen army corps reported BNA. During the operation over 15 armed oppositions were wounded, suicide vests and 16 round of different types of mines have been discovered and defused, Rezayee added. Fifteen villages have been cleared from being of terrorists and the operation would be continued until the district completely cleared from existence of anti-government militias, Rezayee concluded. M.A.Ansari

Friday September 28, 2018 Farah City (BNA) Officials of refugees and repatriation department of Farah reported that over 5000 families have been displaced due to insecurity in the province. According to BNA local reporter, Rahmuddin Regwal head of refugees and repatriation department of Farah said, the families left their houses due to insecurity in different parts of the province. Since beginning of 2018 until now 5600 families left their houses and replaced in security areas of the province, Regwal added. All the displaced families have been surveyed and humanitarian aids would be distributed for them as soon as possible, Regwal underlined. M.A.Ansari

Friday September 28, 2018 Kabul (BNA) Electoral campaign for Afghanistan's long-due parliamentary elections, scheduled for Oct. 20, began on Friday. Main roads, markets and other public places in the capital Kabul and all other major urban centers have been painted with colorful posters, banners and hoardings of the candidates. In line with the rules chalked out by the country’s election commission announced on Tuesday, candidates for the Wolesi Jirga (lower house) can campaign till October 18, two days before the scheduled polls. It has also set limits for financial resources a candidate can utilize for the campaign. Each candidate in the capital Kabul can spend no more than AFN 2.12 million [approximately $27,725] on the posters, media advertisement and other campaign maneuvers. Syed Hafeezullah Hashimi, a spokesman for the commission, told Anadolu Agency the electoral body is committed to holding fair and free elections on time, and the candidates’ campaigns are being monitored for possible violations that could result in disqualification. The election commission has directed public sector employees and security officials to remain neutral and committed to fair and timely elections. Earlier this week, a coalition of main political parties, Grand National Alliance of Afghanistan, end its protest and boycott of the proposed polls upon the government’s assurance to utilize biometric verification of voters for the polls. Afghans are set to go to polls for the 249-seat lower house of parliament for a five-year term on Oct. 20. As per the election commission figures, over nine million voters, including three million women, are eligible to cast their votes. Anadolu Agency Ansari

Friday September 28, 2018 Kabul (BNA) Representatives from the Taliban met an Afghan government delegation in Saudi Arabia this week to discuss security ahead of next month’s parliamentary elections and a limited prisoner release, three Taliban officials said. The meeting comes less than a month before voters are due to go to the polls on Oct. 20 to elect a new Afghan parliament, a process which has been hampered by fears of attacks on polling stations and campaign rallies. Ensuring the election passes off smoothly and without violence has been a top priority for the Afghan government and its international partners. “They requested us to help them conduct peaceful elections,” said one of the Taliban leaders. “The Afghan delegation has agreed with us on the release of prisoners,” he said, adding that some prisoners facing minor charges had already been released and officials had divided up others into three categories, depending on their importance, for future release. Both President Ashraf Ghani’s office and the U.S. State Department declined to comment. No comment was available from Zabihullah Mujahid, the Taliban’s main spokesman. The Taliban, who regard the internationally recognized Afghan government as an illegitimate regime imposed by foreign powers, have generally insisted on negotiating only with the United States but there have been regular unofficial contacts. Earlier this year, Washington dropped its refusal to talk with the Taliban, saying the United States would be willing to participate in Afghan-led peace talks and U.S. and Taliban delegations met for talks in Doha, Qatar, in July. The meeting in Saudi Arabia came after plans for another meeting with American officials broke down over U.S. demands for a three-month ceasefire, the Taliban representatives said, speaking on condition of anonymity. “Some of our senior people were not in the favour of holding talks with the Afghan government as until now we were calling them puppets and refused to meet them,” said one senior Taliban leader in Qatar. “But our proposed meeting with the Americans failed to take place due to certain reasons,” he said. The officials said U.S. demands for a ceasefire was something the leadership could not agree to. As a result, no formal meeting was held although there were informal contacts. “Our agreement for holding the meeting was only to discuss prisoner exchange and the removal of our people from the UN black list so they can travel,” said one senior Taliban leader from the movement’s political office in Qatar. uk.reuters Ansari

Friday September 28, 2018 Kabul (BNA) The US Marine Corps used the Lockheed Martin F-35B to launch an air strike in Afghanistan on 27 September, the first ground attack by the stealth fighter. The F-35B Lightning took off from the USS Essex, a Wasp-class amphibious assault ship, in the Arabian Sea and launched an attack on a reportedly fixed Taliban target using an undisclosed weapon. Citing operational security concerns, the US Navy declines to give additional details on the mission, though a video posted by the service indicates that a precision-guided bomb was used. The F-35B’s combat debut comes more than three years after the USMC declared the aircraft to have initial operational capability. The Israeli Air Force was the first to use the aircraft in combat, declaring in March that its F-35I Adirs participated in two air strikes in the Middle East this year. The USMC says its air strike in Afghanistan was in support of a ground clearance operation and was deemed successful by the ground force commander. The F-35B, the short takeoff and vertical landing variant of the joint strike fighter, later landed vertically back on the deck of the USS Essex after its mission. “The F-35B is a significant enhancement in theater amphibious and air warfighting capability, operational flexibility, and tactical supremacy,” said Vice Adm Scott Stearney, commander of US Naval Forces Central Command. “As part of the Essex Amphibious Ready Group, this platform supports operations on the ground from international waters, all while enabling maritime superiority that enhances stability and security.” The 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit is the first combat-deployed unit of its kind to replace the AV-8B Harrier with the F-35B Lightning II. Flightglobal Ansari

Page 4 of 264